The Fertility Center of New England’s Dr. Robert Weiss was featured on NECN this morning discussing how age and health affect fertility. Click here to view the segment!
The ability to achieve a successful pregnancy declines with age:
- Fertility declines in men after age 50.
- Fertility declines in women after age 30.
- Before age 25, 4% of women have difficulty achieving a successful pregnancy.
- For women between 26 to 34 years, 13% have difficulty having a baby.
- For women between 35 to 39 years, 25% have difficulty conceiving.
- By age 40, 34% of women attempting pregnancy will have difficulty achieving pregnancy