Our physicians are experts in diagnosing fertility problems, and guiding our patients through the process with care and expertise. Before we start treatment, patients go through a series of tests so that we can create a plan of care based on each person’s specific needs and goals. If initial treatment options do not bring results, we can progress to the latest in assisted reproductive therapies. Fertility Centers of New England also has a renowned preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) program.
The evaluation process typically takes one completed monthly cycle, and may include:
- Hormonal assessment through blood work and ultrasounds
- Semen analysis and culture
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), an x-ray that detects blockages or malformations in the fallopian tubes
- Endometrial biopsy, which can detect any inflammation in the uterine cavity
- Surgical evaluation and treatment including hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, which enables the physician to diagnose and correct problems in the uterus and pelvic cavity
- Cycle monitoring, which involves hormone testing through blood work and ultrasounds. This service is available every day, including weekends and holidays, at each of our offices. Monitoring is also available on weekdays at satellite locations in all five New England states.
Once the evaluation process is complete, we develop a customized treatment plan based on your diagnosis, age and goals. Initial treatment options may include:
- Ovulation induction using fertility medications
- Timed intercourse cycles
- Intrauterine inseminations (IUI)
- Donor sperm
- Surgical treatment including hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, myomectomy, and removal of endometriosis
- Reversal of tubal ligation
Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)
Reproductive medicine is constantly evolving, breaking new ground, offering couples more options and greater hope than ever before. If your initial treatment options do not bring results, we can provide all the latest assisted reproductive technologies and techniques, including:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Blastocyst embryo transfer
- Advanced male infertility techniques, including intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), sperm aspiration, and testicular tissue sperm extraction
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Frozen embryo transfers
- Assisted hatching
- Egg donor and gestational carrier programs
Nationally Renowned PGT Program
PGT, or preimplantation genetic testing, is a screening technique used with in vitro fertilization (IVF). Using a single cell obtained from an embryo, we can identify chromosomal or genetic abnormalities before uterine transfer and before pregnancy occurs. Our physicians and embryologists have earned national acclaim for their leadership with this technique. In fact, FCNE established the first PGT program in New England. Having worked with hundreds of PGT patients, no one in the area has more experience or higher success with PGT.
For couples with profound genetic problems, known chromosomal abnormalities, failed IVF cycles, or recurrent pregnancy loss, PGT can greatly enhance the chances of a healthy baby. You can trust our doctors to provide the experience that can help give you the greatest chance of success.