The Fertility Centers of New England is seeking qualified Ultrasonographers in all of our New England locations:
LIMITED SCHEDULE: Morning Hours 2-4 hours per day
REPORTS TO: Ultrasound Supervisor, Nurse Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of the Ultrasound Supervisor, performs a variety of diagnostic sonograms.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Ultrasound (ARDMS). One year experience in Ob/Gyn sonography with a strong background specifically in infertility ultrasound preferred.
- Reviews patient history and other supporting data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Explains procedures to patients to assure cooperation and optimum test results;positions patient.
- Evaluates clarity and accuracy of ultrasound data. Assists in the operating room performing ultrasound procedures as needed.
- Maintains Infection Control Policies with regard to cleanliness of equipment and environment of the ultrasound work areas.
- Collects pertinent data relating to ultrasound needed for any ongoing special studies or research projects being performed by our facility.
- Refers urgent or unusual cases to the referring physician or appropriate staff that needs immediate attention.
- Interprets the technical ultrasound data.
- Participates in ongoing continuing education and training to maintain current in areas of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.