JOB TITLE: Donor Egg Coordinator, RN
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
POSITION SUMMARY: A registered nurse that is responsible for direct & indirect patient care according to established guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Schedule appointments for interested recipient couples to meet with Physician & RN.
- Collaborate with donor egg agency for donor selection.
- Review cycle insurance &/or billing requirements with couple/patient.
- Review medication protocol with couple/patient.
- Provide injection teaching.
- Accountable for phlebotomy and adhering to the appropriate documented protocol for FDA testing.
- Review & witness consent forms for donor, recipient couple.
- Meet regularly with MD regarding cycle synchronization.
- Submit insurance (billing) requests appropriately & in a timely manner.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY NURSE MANAGER:
- Meet with initials, follow-up, pre & post-op patients.
- Provide patients with information pertaining to upcoming treatment plan.
- Assist physician with office procedures such as office hysteroscopy, sono-Hsg, EB.
- Schedule all appropriate testing for any patient who phones with cycle day one of menstruation.
- Answer all patient phone calls and refer any issue, which is out of her realm to the on-call physician.
- Contact by Patient Portal or telephone all patients in cycle with medication instructions.
- Contact all necessary patients before leaving for the day. Any patient who has not been contacted shall be reported to the on-call physician.
- Documents patient contacts and interactions, instructions appropriately.
- Notify (fax/call) all satellite locations as well as the laboratory with the patient schedule for the following day.
- Perform patient orientation classes as needed.
- Work scheduled shifts according to the needs of the practice.
- Complies with OSHA regulations
- Perform other duties with or without accommodation.
- Graduate of a state approved school of nursing
- Current Massachusetts nursing license
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required license or certification: Registered Nurse (RN)