JOB TITLE: Care Team Nurse
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week to include every other weekend
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse Manager
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Nurse Manager
Summary of Position:
A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse that is responsible for direct & indirect patient care according to established guidelines.
- Work scheduled shifts according to the needs of the practice.
- Accountable for phlebotomy and adhering to the appropriate documented protocol.
- Prepare physician ultrasound charts with the appropriate documentation.
- Assemble all appropriate documentation and blood testing material for scheduled work-ups for the following day.
- Schedule all appropriate testing for any patient who phones with cycle day one of menstruation.
- Answer all patient phone calls and refer any issue, which is out of her realm to the on-call physician.
- Contact by telephone all patients in cycle with medication instructions.
- Contact all necessary patients before leaving for the day. Any patient who has not been contacted shall be reported to the on-call physician.
- Documents patient contacts and interactions, instructions appropriately.
- Notify (fax/call) all satellite locations as well as the laboratory with the patient schedule for the following day.
- Perform patient orientation classes as needed.
- Complies with OSHA regulations
- Required to work one weekend per month as well 2 minor holidays per calendar year.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Perform other duties with or without accommodation.
Graduate of a state approved school of nursing
Current Massachusetts nursing license